first of all sorry for my bad english - i really do not speak or write often in english.
Im Daniel. Im 26 years old and for 1 1/2 years now i try to learn Apples programming language Swift. I was searching for a eCommerce plattform which is easy to use, has many features (like an all-in-one-solution) and which has a Swift SDK so i can implement the plattform easily to my project.
So i used my best friend google and got to Moltin. I searched a little bit more and i found the github repository with an example Swift/iOS App. My first thought was: Wow - that looks simple, but thishas everything you are looking for.
So i started my own project with the SDK in v2 and this is where i am now: download a video of the test iPhone app
Beside Moltin i use Firebase for user authentification (and to save the shipping/delivery adress of a customer)
For the user authentification i use Firebase. Also i will store the user shipping and billing adress in Firebase, so when the user will checkout he can choose between his last used adresses (although the checkout/order/payment functions right now are still not finished, like the app overall).
Things i like:
- easy to use, scaleable and customizable
- dashboard, so you can easily create new products, collections and so on easily on your Mac/PC
- you can create custom fields, for example i use a custom fields for products where i can set a reduced price for products in sale
- the example app was great and a big help to get started
Things where i have problems with/i would like to see:
- in checkout i dont get the order-object back from the Moltin server, although i can see the new created order in the dashboard (created support-ticket for that). Don’t know if ive made a mistake or if it is a bug in the Swift SDK.
- more search options. for example: Get products function with an Array of product Ids as input. So this would make 1 API-call instead of lets say 20 single product.get calls.
- some more documents/examples on how to implement the payment methods/gateway? (im still not sure how i could implement PayPal for example as payment method - looks like i have to use braintree or stripe as gateway but im not sure which methods/calls i need)
- more v2 dashboard functions/fixes. Editing orders for example as new function. Fix a problem where sometimes you can not delete a collection/product/brand (also opened a supper ticket for that)
- customer object which can be edited/viewed in the dashboard, too and where the shipping/billing adress can be saved on
Overall i think Moltin is a great solution for everyone - its really is easy to use (so far) and it gives you everything you need to create your own little shop with a custom shopping expierence for the user, you should try it out.